Needless to say, sports and adventure are something that is always full of excitement. No matter what your age is, adventure is loved by everyone especially when you’re in Mumbai. People are super proud of their Mumbai heritage as we can see from the enormous popularity of this site which sells Mumbai themed products.
Are you planning your next holiday to an adventure destination? If yes then Mumbai is the right destination for you as you’ll get a lot of options here. This city has beaches, historical links and amazing places where you can plan your adventurous trip.
Here’s a list of places around Mumbai where you can feel the thrill, adventure and a lot of excitement. Let’s find it out in a discreet manner:
- In Kolad for river rafting: If you’re interested in water sports then Kolad is the ideal destination which is around 120 km from Mumbai. It takes around 3 hours to reach this place from Mumbai. Along with river rafting, you can also enjoy different water sports.
- Della Adventure Park: This is the place specially designed for adventure lovers. This place offers you a number of sports that will make your heart pound. Della attracts sports seekers to enjoy to the fullest. Located in Lonavala, you will get to experience a number of adventure games that will let you challenge yourself. Right from dirt biking to paintball and artificial rock climbing to rappelling, Della has it all for you. This place is perfect for a weekend getaway and to meet all your fantasy. It’ll take around 1:30 hours to reach this place from Mumbai.
- Lohagad: If you’re willing to enjoy the monsoon treks then Lohagad is the place for you. This is one of the most sought after forts in Maharashtra that will surely amaze you with its scenic beauty. It is located on the hills of Lonavala where you can explore about the fort. It is advised to visit the fort during monsoon to witness the real beauty.
- Panchgani: Panchgani is a famous tourist spot in Mahabaleshwar which is engrossed in attracting the tourists with its natural beauty and a lot of adventurous things. The enchanting hills and ambient weather all year around is a perfect retreat for you. When it comes to exploring the adventure part, paragliding is just for you. You can enjoy paragliding in this beautiful and lovely hill station. To reach this place, it can take around 5 hours. Though Panchgani is a bit far from the Mumbai city, it is worth to pay a visit.
- Matheran for hiking and trekking: This is another little hill station which is situated around 85 km from Mumbai. In Matheran, there is around 38 viewpoint from where you can get a complete look of the city. If you’re in Matheran then you must go for hiking. The entire scenic beauty of Matheran will give you a feel of paradise. Apart from hiking, give a try to the toy train to feel the natural beauty of Matheran.
- Malvan in Kokan Area: Snorkeling can be explored in Malvan as it is a very popular adventure destination. The underwater experience will make your trip a complete success. No matter whether you’re an experienced one or a first-timer, you will get complete guidance from the experts during snorkeling. Scuba diving is also another adventure that you can do at the sea of Konkan.
- Karjat for waterfall rappelling: Are you a water sports enthusiast? If yes then Karjat is just for you where you can go for rappelling in waterfalls. You will surely get thrilled when you will slide down towards the rushing waters. Isn’t it thrilling and full of excitement?